Monday, July 30, 2012

FINAL ENTRY!!!!


Dear Blog,
I have been anticipating this final entry for weeks!  This is officially my final blog of my Master’s program!  Yes, this calls for a celebration! 
Now on to business…  This practicum experience has been a great way to spend my July!  Chelsea and I were lucky to have a great group of five first graders.  These students were all very eager and motivated to learn reading and math.  They came to “school” each day with smiles on their faces and snacks in their hands.  We taught these students basic first grade mathematics and reading skills, along with social skills.  We focused our instruction on high frequency words and numbers and operations. 
I learned that I love working with younger students.  Previously, I have only worked with second through fifth grades.   First grade was a new experience for me!  I enjoyed working with them and was eager to watch them learn new skills.
I will always remember this experience and am so grateful to have the best co-teacher!

Adios, blogging world,
MM

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad it was a good experience for you! It is so much fun to teach students who are excited about learning! I think the older kids feel the same way but have just learned to hide it because they don't think it looks cool anymore. .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Melissa,

    You are a fantastic teacher and I have learned so so so much from you! I'm so thankful that our paths crossed and you could teach me so much from your experiences. Your students were wonderful already but I think they truly benefitted from your positive attitude and structured activities that develop retention. SC will definitely miss you! Knoxville is very lucky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is exciting to be finishing up! :)

    We have been blessed with a wonderful group of students. It is fun to watch them learn. You and Chelsea are a great team and wonderful teachers! Your students love you both. We have enjoyed being Book Buddies with your class!

    I would not have known you have not taught this age group before. It just shows you are a great teacher!

    Thanks for your help along the way this summer. I hope everything goes well for you in Tenn. We will miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so surprised you haven't worked with this age group before, you did such a great job! Thank you so much for all your help with things in our classroom as well. It was wonderful to have your wealth of knowledge next door! Good Luck in Knoxville!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doc Martin,
    Congratulations on writing your final blog post! I am so glad you learned so much during your time at the Summer Learning Place. You guys had a great group of students, and I could tell that they really enjoyed having you both as teachers. Good luck with all your adventures in Knoxville!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously have tears in my eyes.

    Please don't leave me!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete